I have been lucky enough to contribute and work with major Fortune 500 companies in my time working with multiple development agencies and consulting firms. I have particular experience in both eCommerce and Medical projects.
Several of my projects:
- GGLeagues.com Home: A NextJS collection of static, promotional, and marketing pages for GGLeagues, with a focus on speed and SEO
- GGLeagues.com Webapp: An Angular 11 Applcation that handles our user-facing tournaments, registration, chat system, and payment processing
- Josh Hale Writing: An isomorphic Travel Blog & Writing Portfolio written in NextJS and powered by a custom StrapiJS CMS
Outside of professional work, I also build some fun microsites:
- its all node: it's all node? always has been.
- Vaporwave.fish: a vaporwave streaming website with aesthetic fish vibes
- Catfact.page: a microsite that delivers on-demand cat facts
I have also built and maintain several NPM packages:
- extra-life-api: the official node package for integration with the Extra Life charity donation API
- node-artifact-api: a typescript based implemation of Valve's Artifact API, allowing users to build, encode, and store decks
You can find other various work samples & projects over on my GitHub as well
I am currently working full-time as the Chief Technology Officer at GGLeagues in Chicago. I started in April of 2018. My duties include managing the devops of our production applications, architecting and building our Web Application, and growing and managing our development and tech team at the company.
Prior to GGLeagues, I spent 3 years as a Senior Front-End Software Engineer at Nerdery in Chicago. I started in January of 2018. My duties include software development, technical team management on client projects, and general technology consulting around best practices and strategies for my clients.
Before that, I spent 5 years working at Accenture Interactive and Acquity Group (now owned by Accenture Interactive). I began as an associate level developer, working as team members on various client projects, and was promoted up to Senior Front-End Developer where I took on larger team management and project architecture roles.